Leav & Steinberg LLP has had a busy August. While many firms like to take August off, the entire team at L&S was busy representing our clients and those seriously injured. For many, the “lazy, hazy days of summer” mean not checking in or doing the work that clients hire you for at 100% effort. In August alone, our firm took verdicts and/or resolved matters for our clients, totaling over $3,000,000.00. We credit our entire team for giving their time and effort and look forward to a successful fall season of continuing to help our clients.
Our Settlement and Verdicts
Below is just a sample of some of the matters our personal injury team resolved this month:
- $1,150,000.00 verdict in Brooklyn for a woman involved in a car accident with serious injuries. Despite our firm winning the liability (fault for the accident) several years ago, the insurance carrier for the responsible driver refused to make a reasonable offer. As a result, our verdict with interest is now $1,400,000.00.
- $685,000.00 settlement for a matter that was not in litigation but resolved in a claim for a gentleman sustaining serious leg injuries after being struck by a motor vehicle while on a bicycle in Long Island.
- $160,000.00 settlement in Nassau County for a gentleman who fell on a defective walkway at a hospital. He sustained serious knee injuries, and — despite the fact that the hospital argued the defect was trivial and that our client already had pre-existing injuries — we were able to obtain full and fair justice.
- $100,000.00 verdict for a woman in Westchester struck by a motor vehicle. As a result of getting a verdict that was for the full limits of the responsible car’s insurance policy, our client can now pursue additional benefits under the Supplementary Underinsurance Coverage of her own vehicle’s policy. This type of coverage protects those injured in a car accident by an underinsured driver.
- $380,000.00 settlement for an infant that was struck by a New York City train when he was entering the doors. The doors had just closed, but we were able to prove with an expert that the train operator should have seen the infant so close and not started the train. He was dragged by the train, injuring his lower legs.
Your Trusted Personal Injury Attorneys
At Leav & Steinberg LLP, we have over 17 years of experience recovering millions in verdicts and settlements for our clients. No matter the nature of your personal injury, our experienced attorneys can work with you to obtain the justice and compensation you deserve after a serious accident in New York City.
Request your free consultation with our team today to learn more about our practice areas and August successes.
Stay up to date with Leav & Steinberg LLP by following us on social media. From recently won cases to new additions to our team, follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date with our personal injury attorneys.